From Walking By Sight To Walking By Faith
“For we walk by faith, not by sight.” (2 Corinthians 5:7)
God is Spirit and He calls us to trust in Him and not in our own might. He has done so for our own good for He wants to carry our burdens. We like to think that we can do it on our own which has been the problem of mankind from the beginning. Satan wanted to do it on his own and as sinners, that is our natural inclination. Walking by faith is a journey of trust. The more we trust God, the more we will let go and let God.

Trust Level


This is a lesson I am learning after 50 years of walking with Him. My trust levels have increased and so has my faith level. Now I am looking for opportunities to trust Him rather than my own strength. Even in ordinary experiences of asking for a free car parking space, I exercise my faith. In this way I get courage to ask for bigger things and expect answers. This is so exciting! It is easy to slip back to walking in the flesh when challenges increase yet this is the way the Lord trains us to walk by faith.
“For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.” (Romans 1:17)

Saint and Sight


Abraham walked by faith and there are many examples in the Bible of saints who walked by faith and reaped immense rewards. Saints in the present are also called to walk by faith and not trust in their own strength. I trust that many will shift the focus from self to God on their journey of faith. Burdens carried by many will be lifted as they let go and let God carry their burdens.
“If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.” (Galatians 5:25)