Thursday, February 03, 2022

Blessed Assurance Jesus Is Mine


Assurance

The lyrics of this hymn recently crossed my mind and blessed me.

Blessed assurance Jesus is mine. Oh, what a foretaste of glory divine. Heir of salvation, purchase of God. Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

A song written by Fanny Crosby from the depths of her heart. How it resounds of a heavenly sound that resonates through the ages and has blessed millions. This is my song too because I can relate with the words. Jesus is all to me and because of Him I can sing from my heart.

Perfect submission, perfect delight. Visions of rapture now burst in my sight. Angels descending bring from above, echoes of mercy whispers of love.

What a surrender of will that results in perfect delight and rest in the Saviours love. What visions of rapture that delight my soul and delights in the mercy and love of God.

Perfect submission, all is at rest. I in my Saviour am happy and blessed. Watching and waiting, looking above. Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

This is my story, this is my song. Praising my Saviour all the day long.


Blessing


How this song blesses me and my heart rejoices in my Saviour,  in His love and mercy. This is our inheritance in Christ and there is no love greater than His. I therefore can praise Him all the day long and share His love with others. 

God inspires His saints and provides downloads from His throne in heaven. This is one of them. Once we have experienced God's supernatural love, we will never be the same again. His love is transformational and changes our nature from a sinner to a saint. Yes we do still struggle with sin and the flesh but we have been redeemed in the spirit. There is no greater love than this. I rejoice in this daily and will do so till my dying day.


No comments: