Wednesday, October 02, 2019

Walking On Water

Over the past 2 years I have been on a journey of having to defend my communications on social media after a gay activist reported me to my medical board.The board investigated the complaint and placed 24 conditions on my registration. I challenged these conditions through my defence union and the conditions were reduced to 5. I was not satisfied with the reduced conditions as there was no evidence that my views expressed on social media were implemented in my practice in psychiatry. I appealed the conditions and a hearing date was set for a hearing before a tribunal. Meanwhile all the conditions were stayed and therefore I could continue to practice freely.I decided to retire from practice 6 months ago but wanted to continue with the appeal to support freedom of speech. My defence union withdrew its support as they felt they had done as much as they could to achieve a good outcome. I decided to represent myself at the tribunal. The Australian Christian Lobby were prepared to support me but could not afford to pay for a barrister, and I was not willing to bear the expensive cost either. During this period,many from the medical and justice systems who would have never read my blogs were forced to read them. I was prepared to be thrown into the lion's den, confident that their mouths would be shut and the  court room would be filled with His presence. This never eventuated as I cancelled the proceedings after I was told that I had to pay a hefty fee before the hearing. This did not matter now since I had already retired from practice 6 months ago. Through this journey I have learnt that God has used my voice to influence many who would never have read my blogs that are mainly a reflection of my daily thoughts on my spiritual journey. The whole experience has challenged me to "walk on water" and see God come through on each step of my journey.

No comments: