Friday, September 27, 2013

FREEDOM FROM THE FLESH

The flesh will not die because it is ruled by the senses. This is why only total surrender will do. You know the flesh is still alive because of your sins. You sin daily through thought, word and deed. These are signs that your flesh is still alive. A seed must die before it can bring forth life. So also its as your flesh is crucified daily that the new life in Christ can come forth. Just as Jesus had to die before He could rise again into resurrection life. This kind of death is only possible through the Spirit. No amount of self mutilation will kill the flesh. It is a faith position. I am crucified with Christ. I no longer live. Nevertheless I live. The life I now live, I live through the faith of the Son of God who died for me. What a paradox. Death means life. The two cannot subsist together. This is the daily battle and who wins depends on your position. In the flesh or in Christ. You are filled in the Spirit and walk by the Spirit. Many are filled in the Spirit but walk by the flesh. Hallelujah I am now free because Christ Jesus has set me free. 

No comments: