Thursday, September 26, 2013

LIFE IS IN THE SPIRIT

Oh to be used by the Lord. What a privilege and honour it is to be used by the Lord. He is the vine and I am a branch. He feeds me and I grow leaves and bear fruit for others to be fed and be nourished. What a picture of the union between the father and the son. I am just a product of the father. What the father is I am. The likeness of the father is seen in the son. So Jesus came as the Son of God and portrayed His Father in heaven on earth. Now I am to portray the image of my Father in heaven through the Holy Spirit who is the Spirit of Jesus living in me. All I have to do as a branch is to submit to Him and He will do the rest. When I submit to him, I die to my self. Only death to self can result in life in Him. The two cannot live together for the flesh is against the Spirit. But even in this God has given me the way of escape from the urges of the flesh. He has given me the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God to subdue my flesh and the devil. All the weapons I need are available to me and become powerful when I surrender to Him. Come Holy Spirit and fill me afresh today.

No comments: