Wednesday, November 16, 2011

I AM A NEW CREATION

I am a new creation in Christ. Behold old things have passed away, all things have become new. What a powerful verse this is from the Bible. In Christ my spirit has been born again. Now I have His thoughts, feelings and character. Old things to do with my Adamic nature are dead and gone. I don't have to listen to those old voices and feelings. I am a new man in Christ. I now listen to His voice in me. I listen to what the new man is saying. In this way I am transformed through my renewed thinking. My thinking determines my new way of living. Therefore I will think His thoughts about me and others. I will not listen to those old voices that have to be drowned by His voice. As I die to the old me, I am free from its torment. The old me can only think of itself and no other. It is steeped in selfishness and self interest and self indulgence. In Christ I am outward focused and thinking of how I can serve others by meeting their need. Jesus came to serve and this is the attitude that you have in Christ. As I serve all my needs are met in Christ. This is the way out of a self serving life and a life renewed in Christ.

No comments: