Thursday, August 20, 2020

Manifestations Of God's Goodness To Me.


 

Not long ago I shared my experience of the lesson learnt through the sale of the lemon of a car. The story continues after the sale was aborted. I was introduced to an MG motor mechanic who had a look at the car and advised me that it would cost me a further large amount to fix it. However he said that he would be interested to buy the car from me for an equal amount. I had already spent so much money on repairs that I felt led to sell it to him. Moreover he said he was buying it for his mother. This blessed me even more knowing the car would be in the good hands of an MG mechanic.

 

In January this year, there was a hail storm which damaged my pergola, and the roof of my house also suffered some superficial hail damage. The claim for the pergola was straight forward and a cash settlement was agreed with the insurer. This enabled me to do some extra repairs and painting to the pergola. There was a dispute about the roof as two repair quotes did not agree on the degree of damage. I got my own independent report which agreed with the first report. After six months of delay the Complaints Department of the insurer asked for a fourth report. This agreed with the initial report and I had a cash settlement twice that of my independent quote.

 

God has ways of turning a disaster into a blessing. Surrender the situation or relationship to the Lord and see how He makes all things work together for good. Praise Him at all times and see how praise can turn your mourning into joy. God is good all the time. Never give up as He is in control. Look up and see that your salvation draws nigh.

No comments: