Tuesday, November 10, 2020

I Am A Branch Connected To The Vine.


What are you connected to? I am a branch connected to the vine, Jesus. A branch is just an off-shoot of the tree. It is not the tree. Just like your arms and legs are part of your body. I am just a part but who I am connected to is important. If I am connected to a dead tree then I am dead. If I am connected to a living tree then I draw life from that tree. The sort of life I draw from is dependent on the type of tree. Thorns will draw from a thorn-tree. Fruit trees will bear fruits of their kinds. Therefore it is important to know who we are a part of.

 

This is a good illustration of our relationship with God. In Him we are safe and secure. He holds us and nourishes us and protects us. We need to rest in the truth that we are part of Him. We are in Him and He is in us. We are joined together and nothing can separate us from this union. We will bear the fruit that befits the tree we are connected to. A good tree bears good fruit. We will be known by our fruit. The works Jesus did came from His relationship with His Father. We too must work the works of the Father.

 

What security there is in knowing that we are in union with our Heavenly Father through Jesus. We were once lost but now are found in Him. We were grafted into Him and now we have a new identity. The old is past, the new has come. We need to operate in our new identity in Him. This is possible because He lives in us through His Holy Spirit. What a salvation, what a redemption. Come now and be encouraged that you are part of the vine that producegood wine for all to enjoy.

No comments: