Friday, March 06, 2020

Knowing Him and Knowing About Him

To know Him is to love Him. Knowing about some one is different from Knowing the person. We know a lot about things and can talk about a lot of things. However knowing about someone is different from knowing the person. I may know a lot about the Queen but have never met her or lived with her. One is a knowing through second hand knowledge, the other is a intimate relationship. I can know God through the scriptures but never know Him. The born again experience is a shift from knowing about God to knowing Him as a person. The person of the Holy Spirit now comes to reside within me while previously He was outside me wanting to come in. I could have a palace but never lived in it or a palace where I live in. I could be a man with many properties but never lived in one. The same principle applies to knowing God and knowing Him. This is a big difference. Many people know about God but have never met Him. Jesus came to reveal the Father so that we may get to know Him.
True knowing is a personal and intimate relationship. I have a intimate relationship with Jesus and His Holy Spirit resides in me. Now I live in intimate relationship with Him. He speaks to me and through me. I therefore have the confidence to share His love and life with others. I no longer share about God but share Him with others. This is why Paul in Phillipians 3:10 states that his goal in life was to know Him, His resurrection power and fellowship of His sufferings. You too can know Him in this way and live a life of abundance. Jesus came to give us abundant life through His resurrection power. Let Him live through you His life and be transformed into His image.

No comments: