Wednesday, August 01, 2012

WALK BY FAITH

Mighty is our God to save. A righteous man has great power with God. His prayers are answered. I am righteous only in Christ. My righteousness is like filthy rags. In Him alone can I claim righteousness. Without Him I am nothing. In Him I am a mighty warrior. Others will see and know. Because He is, I am. Whatever others may say in fear they will agree in secret. Therefore do not judge others by what they say. Their hearts may believe something else but their heads will say what they want others to see. This is the paradox man finds himself in. The similar state that Paul describes in Romans 7. The thing I want to do I don't do and the thing I don't want to do, I do. Who will save me from this state. Praise God in Christ I am free from this state. Now in Christ I can do what is right to do. When I do what is right then I am righteous. However I am aware of the war that is taking place in my members. I am prone to sin like everyone else. This is why I have to be conscious of God's presence all the time. Once I drift into unconsciousness then I am walking in sin. One is either God conscious or sin conscious. If I stop walking by faith then I am walking in sin, by sight. To not walk by faith is sin. Help me Lord to always be conscious of your presence, for outside your presence all I see is death.

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog