Sunday, January 17, 2010

ABIDE IN ME

17/1/10 ABIDE IN ME

Many are the burdens and trials that will confront you but the Lord is with you and will comfort you. You have forsaken all to follow Him and He has forsaken all to be with you. Abide in Me and I will abide in you. This promise is the most comforting and powerful word of our Lord. He has chosen to abide in me. He sent His Holy Spirit so that he could achieve this. He knows I am weak but He is strong. As long as I am aware of my fleshly state then I will never lose sight of my vulnerable state. Only in His Spirit can I stay sane in this world of sin and despair. I am lost without Him. I am bombarded by many thoughts and feelings but He keeps me sane. He protects me from myself. He knows me and keeps me centred in Him. Without Him I am nothing. In the flesh I will boast of my achievements but these are like dung compared to what He has done for me. Therefore I am humbled and at His mercy. I live each day in the knowledge that this maybe my last day. Yet I am comforted for eternity is my destiny in Him. I am so privileged in Him. I therefore will sing of His praises all the days of my life. Praise be to God and in His Son Jesus.

No comments: