Tuesday, September 20, 2011

LISTEN FOR HIS VOICE

Man is bereft when God leaves and the devil comes in. It is only God's presence that keeps the devil at bay. God is for His people. The devil is against His people. The devil has been sent to keep the saints on alert. Without an adversary the saints will relax and let their guard down. Therefore be watchful for he is out to try and out smart you. In Christ you can rest for in Him He has conquered the evil one. The devil will try and confuse you and make you believe that you are a lost case but never listen to his negativity. Everything negative is from him. He is a liar and a robber and a destroyer of souls. Pray much for in this way you will keep yourself free from the intrusion of other voices. God will then come clearly to you. God will keep you strong when you live each day in the power of His love. His love can overcome anything. Pray for the power of His love to drive you today. This is the only power then can overcome the world and subdue the devil. Run to Him for safety and you will feel His arms enfold you. Never stop walking by faith for it is only by faith that you will be able to overcome your enemy. Many voices will confuse but His voice will direct you. Therefore don't move till you hear His voice.

3 comments:

Milo said...

Jeshua I hope you don't mind me asking this question:
I generally shy away from "religion". Even being involved in Christian groups or camps make me very uneasy. Especially when it has got something to do with the mainstream society in the name of religion. I really feel like it makes me distant, segregated, or part of a group who would not want to have anything to do with people who actually need help the most. I much rather say, I am a person who loves the lord but does not see why I should be bragging about it. I much rather living the life. I do not know why shouting and screaming about it makes me really uncomfortable. I left the old Church I was going to as I could not understand the obsession with the "looks" and trying to make things really attractive, but seeing that the very same people were often trapped in really abusive situations and lived the life of absolute misery. I wandered what is your take on this issue or am I the only one who thinks that way.
with many blessings and thanks
Milo

jeshua said...

Good question Milo. Religion is institution while relationship is what you are talking about. Religion will disappoint but relationship with Christ never disappoints. Love God and love people. We live in a fallen world and therefore nothing is perfect. The church is so worldly that we are influenced by the world. So don't be surprised by the hypocrisy you see in the church.Be an influence for good. God bless you Milo.

Paul said...

I just stumbled upon this blog. Wonderful! Milo, I totally understand your sentiment. I'd been in the "church" my whole life but for the last few years, felt like something was desperately missing. Indeed, it was! A genuine, endearing relationship with the one that I was professing to believe in. Jesus is not really interested in us believing He exists, even the demons do that. Nor is He interested in us just living a descent moral life; the religious leaders of His day did that--and He rebuked them. Like Jeshua suggested, God desires a relationship that starts with surrendering all that we are and then leaning on HIM to supply all that we lack. Religion is about making ourselves all shiny on the outside, but relationship with our Savior is about being filled to the brim on the inside; with peace, joy, contentment, and complete satisfaction in Him. It's awesome! And it's real.