Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DEAD IN CHRIST

What does it mean to be dead in Christ? To be dead means there is no response to the lusts and desires of the flesh. The flesh stands for the desires of the body and the soul. I am dead in Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ lives in me. The flesh is very much alive even though I reckon it dead. This is why we need to walk in faith all the time and reckon myself dead and alive in Christ. This is the state of consciousness in Christ that frees us from past programming and the power of sin. Consciousness delivers from the unconscious drives of the flesh life. The flesh seeks for itself and therefore will not be conscious of Christ in me. I become conscious of Christ in me when I surrender to His Spirit within me. By faith I now operate in the consciousness of His Spirit in me. This consciousness then makes me alive to His gifts and fruits in me. I can now operate in His gifts by faith. Whatever is not done in faith is sin. If I am not walking in faith then I am walking in the flesh. Faith is the air I breathe and by faith I walk to bring the Kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven. I bind the forces of evil and release the Spirit of love and grace and mercy and liberate the captives. This is my mission, this is my calling.

No comments: