Monday, August 09, 2010

THE POWER OF THE CROSS

Righteousness in Christ is imputed righteousness. It is not based on my good deeds. It is based solely on His deed. His death on the Cross for my sin makes His righteous act, mine. This alone is sufficient sacrifice for my sinfulness. Nothing but His blood is able to cleanse me and make me whole. This is the heart of the good news of the gospel. Yet the world refuses to accept this, for the world can’t see how this is possible. The sin of one man infected the whole human race. Now the death of one man absolves man of this sin. Sin like a virus affects our whole being. We are never free from its tentacles but we can be free from its judgement, because of His sacrifice. Many are taken up with working out your salvation. This working out is something you do after having been saved. This is a working out to confirm your freedom from sin rather then a working out to be free from sin. The Cross is my only hope and in it I will rejoice and like Paul, I no nothing other then the Christ and Him crucified. This is not religion but life. The Cross brought death to One, that many may have life through it. Thank you Lord for your life giving power that is released through your resurrection power because of the Cross.

No comments: